Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools:Devel
  • From: Dirk Stöcker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:36:42 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Martin Mohring wrote:

The Intention of openSUSE:Tools:Devel is really that of a more development branch. There are linked packages to contributed Factory packages, which may break at any time for example (and did). And I try out now actively newer versions of either new packages to be put inside or new features like putting hermes into the obs-server package.

It is like released, a branch and the main trunc. But since we link to factory sources also, it can break at any time.

I have noticed that already quite some people do use :Unstable in there local OBS. I do not want to disturb there circles.

As for the Harddisk space: I could switch off "publish" of the packages if that is requested.

Ah, you misunderstood me. I do not mean openSUSE:Tools specially, but more generally the OBS. The issue is not a specific problem of this project, but also targets others. So probably such an "grace period" for software releases would be a good idea.

I case you don't want to disturb the build process, it wont help. I more thought in terms of package users.

Ciao