Re: [opensuse-buildservice] maintaining file permissions
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 06:50:38 +0800
Adrian,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sunday 13 July 2008 16:09:12 Anas Nashif wrote:
Hi,
How can I maintain the executable mode of a file when I check it in into
the build service?

This is not possible. http transfer do not know a permission mask.

Well, subversion uses HTTP and it still support this by changing attributes of files. When transferring a file maybe in the future also transfer it's attributes in the HTTP request. This would also be helpful for the web client which currently shows garbage if you click on 'Show' link for a tar ball or any binary data.

Some RPMs have scripts that are called directly from the spec file,
build fails because the files can't be executed due to bad permissions.

Just call the scripts via "bash $script" or alike. The advantage is that it would build even on FAT filesystems in future :)

I solved this by changing the permissions before the script is called.
It seems however fedora has many packages that expect the executable flags to be set for scripts.

bye
adrian