Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Feisty image is broken
  • From: Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:07:21 -0600
* Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-07-23 19:30:35 +0200]:

May I ask offtopic question:
Why are you using 7.04, when 8.04 LTS is out ?
Are there any advantages for 7.04 ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

Hello Alexey,

I'm not using 7.04 personally. I maintain an upstream repository "The Scribus
Archive" that contains scribus (stable 1.3.3.x) and scribus-ng (developmental
1.3.5svn) packages for Debian stable/testing/unstable and the latest three
Ubuntu releases as a courtesy for Scribus users to allow them to stay current
with the Scribus development and bugfixes as Ubuntu doesn't provide these
updates. See http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian for more information. However,
until recently I didn't have access to an x86_x64 build environment, so I only
provided i386 packages I built locally. Using OBS I can add the amd64 packages
to the archive. There is very little overhead for me to support three releases
as opposed to one or two and not all users strive to upgrade to the latest
Ubuntu release, especially in the production environment where they can't
afford to loose time on working around the latest Ubuntu bugs as well.
Therefore, I currently make packages for U 8.04, 7.10, and 7.04.

Cheers,

Alex.