Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request for integrating several packages into Factory
  • From: Richard Bos <ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:37:42 +0200
Op Friday 18 July 2008 12:17:29 schreef Alexey Eremenko:
-iperf (other license)

You are late at the show.  This package was already available for some
time, at:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jimfunk/openSUSE_11.0/rep
odata/repoview/iperf-0-2.0.2-5.1.html

What is the added value of your package, compared to the one above?

I have no added value.

Oh, so why do you build it than?

But this package is not part of Factory, it's just third-party package.
I want to make it part of openSUSE OS.

It's part of factory....
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jimfunk/openSUSE_Factory/repodata/repoview/I.group.html
The package won't become part of the openSUSE OS if _you_ start to build it.
It will be made part of the openSUSE OS, because it is part of BS... That's
the whole idea of the BS.

I'm subscribed to the list, so there is no need to Cc me on my personal email
address, you should know that.

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,