[opensuse-buildservice] Using svn for source instead of uploading tarball
  • From: "Kevin James" <kjames@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:15:51 +0100
Hi all,

I'm still pretty new to the build service, so I was looking around the
wiki documentation for some kind of best practice on managing source
code - it's not a problem yet as noone is using my package, but I'm
trying to find out now how to deal with stable versus unstable somewhere
down the line - so if I have version 1.3 as a stable version, and then
working on 1.4 which may or may not build.. Should I only do local
builds of the 1.4 until it's released, then upload to the build service?

I'm also trying to figure out how to deal with a source code repository
- currently I have a shell script which tars up my source directory and
then commits it through osc, but I found this page on the wiki:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Workflows

under "Edit Packages" near the bottom, it says

add sources (http source, svn/cvs source)

Does this mean I can get the build service to grab the source straight
from my svn server?

Cheers,
KEv.

--