Re: [opensuse-buildservice] maintaining file permissions
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:32:51 +0200
Hello,

on Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008, Anas Nashif wrote:
How can I maintain the executable mode of a file when I check it in
into the build service?

Some RPMs have scripts that are called directly from the spec file,
build fails because the files can't be executed due to bad
permissions.

AFAIK you can't keep the x permissions (except by putting them inside a
tarball) - but you can "chmod +x" them in the specfile before they are
called ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
X läuft bei mir grade testweise mit der Modmap eines gewissen
Listenmitglieds, weswegen ich ich ab und yu ein paar Yeichen