Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc submitreq tries to send a submission to the wrong project
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:35:28 +0200
Am Samstag, 12. Juli 2008 01:01:55 schrieb Peter Poeml:
Hi,

Then, I see the following:

 % osc meta pkg openSUSE:Factory gconf2 | grep devel
  <devel project="GNOME:Factory"/>
 % osc meta pkg GNOME:Factory gconf2 | grep devel
  <devel project="GNOME:UNSTABLE"/>

osc looks up in openSUSE:Factory that gconf2's develproject is set to
GNOME:Factory. But it doesn't look there if there is (even) another
develproject.
One or two or three other chained devel projects? Hmm. And finally the
nightmare case devel project 5 again points to project 1 :-(

Gee... I am not sure if this is intended in this way :-)
I do not see a reason atm why chaining should not be allowed from a technical
POV as long as we successfully avoid circles. However, the question is if we
get a benefit from really using it - a benefit that is bigger than the
confusion that might arise from that. Not sure atm. What do others think?

Klaas

--
Klaas Freitag Architect OPS/IPD
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nuernberg