Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Shared spec vs duplicated spec's
  • From: "Mark V" <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:01:57 +1000
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-07-11 20:09:30 +1000, Mark V wrote:
I raised this on the IRC channel so apologies if you've seen this.

I have a project's src.rpm that I'd like to move onto the OBS, and
this has raised some issues....
The current src.rpm uses lots of --build "option n" switches. Some of
these are accommodated by OBS since they are distro specific builds.
Others however relate to building different components.

My Question is how to 'map' this to OBS?

Do I setup one package per 'component', and so have many duplicates of
the src.spec file?
Or, is it possible for several projects to share a common spec file
and build specific components by passing in some parameters?
Appreciate any suggestions or better yet if you can point to a project
that uses such a 'shared-spec' setup :)

what project and package?

The project is Bacula, and the src.rpm is here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50727&package_id=76408

If you look at the list of contributed rpms generated from this:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50727&package_id=213714

You'll see that component (and distro) rpms are built using, for
example: --define "build_bat 1"
Now I see how the OBS accommodates the distro specific builds, so all
the, --define "build_centos5 1", type parameters become redundant.
What I'd like to avoid is having N copies of the spec file for the N components.

Its beginning to sound like this sort of shared spec functionality
isn't, yet, supported. Correct?

Regards
Mark

darix