Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Shared spec vs duplicated spec's
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:52:28 +0200
On 2008-07-11 20:09:30 +1000, Mark V wrote:
I raised this on the IRC channel so apologies if you've seen this.

I have a project's src.rpm that I'd like to move onto the OBS, and
this has raised some issues....
The current src.rpm uses lots of --build "option n" switches. Some of
these are accommodated by OBS since they are distro specific builds.
Others however relate to building different components.

My Question is how to 'map' this to OBS?

Do I setup one package per 'component', and so have many duplicates of
the src.spec file?
Or, is it possible for several projects to share a common spec file
and build specific components by passing in some parameters?
Appreciate any suggestions or better yet if you can point to a project
that uses such a 'shared-spec' setup :)

what project and package?

darix

--