Re: [opensuse-buildservice] mirrors not in sync
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:55:41 +0200
Hi Chris,

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 10:29:16PM +0000, Christian wrote:
Hi,

repoview not listed on

Filename: repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/SLE_10/openSUSE:Tools.repo
Client IP address: 213.146.121.138
Found 8 mirrors: 3 country, 2 region, 2 elsewhere

Mirrors in the same country (DE):

http://widehat.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/SLE_10/openSUSE:Tools.repo
(score 100)
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/SLE_10/openSUSE:Tools.repo
(score 100)

Kind regards
Chris

What exactly do you expect?

It is a matter of fact that
1) only few mirrors mirror the buildservice repositories. Due to the
size of the tree we only find partial (or outdated) mirrors.
2) it takes time to get them in sync for new content, even though
content is pushed to some mirrors right after publishing, but syncs
need to be queued, and the build service publishes a lot. Due to
the size of the tree

Thus, the above looks normal.

The file repoview-0.5.2-74.1.i586.rpm (which you probably are looking
for) is available on three mirrors right now:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/SLE_10/i586/repoview-0.5.2-74.1.i586.rpm?mirrorlist
But it is available on download.opensuse.org anyway.

BTW, the mirror system works in a way that it takes some decisions which
content to mirror and which not. For example, it might decide that
debuginfo packages are never mirrored. Thus, use the canonical download
address (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories) -- it will send you
to a mirror _if_ possible.

"If possible" also implies another exception: the file you mentioned
above (.repo) will never be sent to a mirror. This is an exception that
it shares Together with other repository metadata. Such data are _too_
hard to get in sync on mirrors, because they change frequently and
contain checksums, so the slightest mistake will make the client err
out.

Thus,

% curl -sI
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/SLE_10/openSUSE:Tools.repo