[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service Trust concept
  • From: Marko Jung <mjung@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:18:06 +0200
Hi,

after a lot of inspiring conversations with co-workers at SUSE and friends from the open source community I finally published a first abstract draft how we could add some metrics to openSUSE build service to create a trust system.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Trust

This article does not go much into particular neither explains concrete implementation details. Main target of this proposal is to have a basis for discussion. The article even goes beyond the focus on trust and proposes some additional metrics to support openSUSE users in their decision from which repositories they should obtain their software packages.

Within the next weeks I would like to discuss this with you. So if you are interested in this topic please contact me. Any suggestions, feedback or critics are highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Marko