[opensuse-buildservice] Question _link vs. _aggregate, saving resources
  • From: Roman Fietze <rfno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:46:53 +0200
Hello Everybody,

I'm relatively new to the build service, abd I hope this question or
the answer to it is not somewhere else and too easy to find.

Details: I need libqwt5 to build s specific version of the most recent
bacula version.

I borrowed bacula from home:bastianfriedrich/Bacula and I am using a
_link to his package and a patch to the spec file switching from
SQLite to mySQL. I hope this is correct.

Now, bacule needs libqwt5. I detected that bastianfriedrich links from
dstoecker. So I was using dstoecker/libqwt using _aggregate, because I
need it absolutely unchanged.

I turned the words about _link and _aggregate from Tips&Tricks in my
brain up and down, and I am still not sure that I am using the correct
solution, trying to be a nice build service citizen.

Q0: Where can I find a detailed description of the different XML files
used for the build service?

If there is any documentation answering the following two questions,
just be so kind and ignore them.

Q1: Should I use _aggregate in the case of libqwt5 is I do, or a
_link?

Q2: Or can I somwhow build my version of bacula directly to any other
project/package without even _linking or _aggregating libqwt5? I
really do not need this one in my own repository subdirectories. If
yes, how?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Roman

--