Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to change password?
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:40:45 +0200
Marcus Hüwe schrieb:
On 2008-06-18 22:59:18 +0400, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
Hi,

I've installed obs 0.9.99 on my own server. How to change password for
default admin account? There is the page change_password.rhtml in frontend,
but I failed to open it.

Here's a small workaround for password problem (but I'm not sure if this is the
right fix for this bug). This patch also fixes the user deletion bug.

Thanks for the patch (even if it is rejected :)

The issues with it:

+ def initialize
+ @ichain_mode = ichain_mode
+ end

You should call super inside constructors of overrided classes. In this
case it's working because ActionController::Base doesn't implement
initialize, but this is a source of very strange future errors should
the Rails Core people decide to implement it.

Also I'd rather use @auth_method instead of @ichain_mode as the latter
might become a bit hard to handle when there are more than two choices
of authentication systems.

The delete fix is incomplete. User references in package/project
metadata are not removed, so every deletion leaves the DB in an
inconsistent state. I'm also not sure if a deletion shouldn't be modeled
via the 'deleted' state instead of a real deletion from the database.

Andreas