Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rough idea: webshop interface for OBS packages browsing and installation
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 19 Jun 2008 13:07:29 +0200
Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx> writes:

We just need to avoid that people get the impression that it might
imply real costs. :)

Replace "Add to basket" by "Add to computer".

wouldn't that look as if it got installed right away? I admittedly
liked that add to basket, and then "check-out" means install. Some
mouse-over could explain what the things really do.

However I think there is a line between using a known metaphor to
teach something new on one side and trying to be funny while in
reality it's just confusing on the other.

I'm still undecided wether it's weird or cool to create a shop for
something free :)

Maybe it's more like a pot-luck party, a buffet, where you can pick
and choose your favourite meals. With that, "Users who choose this
one also liked that one" still makes sense, yet you still have the two
steps select what you want and then actually ingest it (to the
system).

S.
--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5