Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:43:19 +0200
Peter Czanik wrote:
Martin Mohring írta:
So providing the current distros with ppc
binaries would not help very much, they also need a ppc compile cluster
with appropriate power (the current x86 cluster has 128 compile nodes of
AMD Opteron power - the ppc machine would need about the same).

Just to get a picture: are we talking original ~1.5GHz kind of
Opterons or Dual Core 2.5GHz ones
or Quad core 2.0GHz ones? Does 'node' refer to a complete machine or
to a CPU core?
One node at build.o.o is one single opteron core (since it used XEN
virtualization, you do not exactly see the real hw behind). Maybe Adrian
is willing to tell.
I use 6 workers in the local OBS (2 x ppc 64 bit and 4 x x86-64 bit
opteron cores). The storage is on another single x86-64 machine.

But I can provide you with a tool to copy complete projects with meta
data from one OBS to another. I will send you in a separate e-mail.

Wow, thanks! So I'll be able to copy for example Education:/desktop
from build.o.o and rebuild it for PPC. What happens if a software gets
updated in the remote OBS? Is there an easy way to sync projects and
only rebuild software when necessary? Staying with the above example:
if only gcompris is updated, do I have to recompile only that or
everything on the next copy?
See my mail. Its OBS, so it recompiles only when changed.

Susanne said I should provide the script inside tools in OBS svn
repository. I will before do some cosmetics.

Martin