Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:41:29 +0200

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 13:24:13 Peter Czanik wrote:
Martin Mohring írta:
So providing the current distros with ppc
binaries would not help very much, they also need a ppc compile cluster
with appropriate power (the current x86 cluster has 128 compile nodes of
AMD Opteron power - the ppc machine would need about the same).

Just to get a picture: are we talking original ~1.5GHz kind of Opterons
or Dual Core 2.5GHz ones
or Quad core 2.0GHz ones? Does 'node' refer to a complete machine or to
a CPU core?

But I can provide you with a tool to copy complete projects with meta
data from one OBS to another. I will send you in a separate e-mail.

Wow, thanks! So I'll be able to copy for example Education:/desktop from
build.o.o and rebuild it for PPC. What happens if a software gets
updated in the remote OBS? Is there an easy way to sync projects and
only rebuild software when necessary? Staying with the above example: if
only gcompris is updated, do I have to recompile only that or everything
on the next copy?

You can simply create source links to projects on remote systems. This needs
to be done for each package atm, but we will project source links in future as
well. Via this your service gets automatically notified on changes.