Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:24:13 +0200
Martin Mohring írta:
So providing the current distros with ppc
binaries would not help very much, they also need a ppc compile cluster
with appropriate power (the current x86 cluster has 128 compile nodes of
AMD Opteron power - the ppc machine would need about the same).
Just to get a picture: are we talking original ~1.5GHz kind of Opterons or Dual Core 2.5GHz ones
or Quad core 2.0GHz ones? Does 'node' refer to a complete machine or to a CPU core?

But I can provide you with a tool to copy complete projects with meta
data from one OBS to another. I will send you in a separate e-mail.
Wow, thanks! So I'll be able to copy for example Education:/desktop from build.o.o and rebuild it for PPC. What happens if a software gets updated in the remote OBS? Is there an easy way to sync projects and only rebuild software when necessary? Staying with the above example: if only gcompris is updated, do I have to recompile only that or everything on the next copy?

Bye,
CzP