Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:55:41 +0200
Hello,

First of all: I just finished my first compile, thanks for all the help! It is 'mad' from PackMan, this is always the first software I compile for a new release :-)

Martin Mohring írta:
- use it in a way the original OBS is not configured yet (e.g. ppc)
This is exactly what I want: recompile projects for PPC.

But a local OBS needs compute power to do the compile jobs, the more
packages you want to compile at a time the better.
The MPC8610 I use is quite powerful, at least for a 32bit PPC machine. And it will be even better, when I move the server to another machine and add some RAM.

Do you mean the remoteurl feature (e.g. reference a remote OBS system).
The problem with remote projects and build.o.o is that the main OBS
currently does not support ppc.
Even if I have PPC locally? Then can I check out a project from the build.o.o, check it in locally and rebuild? That would be still better, than to build each package in a project by hand...
Bye,
CzP