Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:47:52 +0200
Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,

Martin Mohring írta:
You can setup your own build service, create source links to our
remote instance and compile it at your side. You would just need to
import a ppc based distro into some own project first.

I checked the web interface and also the wiki, but I could only find
examples for individual packages. How can I link a complete repository
in one go? For example everything from KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/
instead of individual packages in this repo?

You can do that, but not for ppc at the moment. The official build.o.o
OBS does not provide ppc packages at all.

That is what I want to do. This was the original reason to get started
with BS at all. I don't mind, if the packages end up on my FTP server
next to my compilation of the Packman packages and not in the BS for
now. But I don't want to compile packages one by one with Packman, but
do it automated, that is the whole idea of the BS.
So, what I would like to do is to import repositories from build.o.o,
compile them on PPC, and publish them somewhere, so I could provide
the PPC community not only with the most important Packman packages,
but also with some of the most interesting BS repositories.
I am not sure what you mean. The OBS can be used to build a complete
project without manually doing dependencies and without installing all
the pkgs all the time. And a local OBS is used if you want:
- some local projects not published
- use it in a way the original OBS is not configured yet (e.g. ppc)
- use an own codebase for OBS
- do not have any other restriction currently imposed
But a local OBS needs compute power to do the compile jobs, the more
packages you want to compile at a time the better.

Do you mean the remoteurl feature (e.g. reference a remote OBS system).
The problem with remote projects and build.o.o is that the main OBS
currently does not support ppc.

Martin