Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rough idea: webshop interface for OBS packages browsing and installation
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:21:17 +0200
Hi Stanislav,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 03:30:38PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
http://software.opensuse.org/search is the only way to access packages
without login.

There is no way to browse packages in repositories and read package and
repository descriptions yet. Even installation of more packages using
one-click install is not possible. Installing additional packages from
just-added repository is very complicated as well.

I got a rough idea, how to get a web interface for it:
Customize a web shop software:
- "Category" would map to projects
- "Item" would map to packages
- "Add to basket" would add package to selection
- "Checkout" would generate one-click-install file
- "People who bought..." would map to recommend tags or use webshop
statistics.
- "Price" would map to download or package estimated size.

Neat idea!

We just need to avoid that people get the impression that it might imply
real costs. :)

The only remaining categories to map somehow would be distribution and
architecture.

Easy: "Size" and "Colour" ;-)

Peter
--