[opensuse-buildservice] New project, and already a question about revision numbers
  • From: Roman Fietze <rfno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:16:56 +0200
Hello,

I just started using the build services. Great!

Introduction:

I'm providing a patched version of dcraw, a package named dcraw-omp,
improving Dave Coffin's original by making use of OpenMP. Allthough
the original openSUSE dcraw packages already makes it possible to use
dcraw+OpenMP using my patches by editing the spec file, I needed that
on a "regular bases" and as I complete replacement for dcraw. Because
I'm the owner of an old 2x500MHz SMP box, and I am using a Canon 350D,
waiting almost 40 seconds for an image wasn't really an option.

Now the three tiny questions, because even after searching openSUSE
and the mailing list archives I wasn't very happy with the found
results:

Q0: When checking in a few spec file chances I discovered, that the
release and revision numbers are automatically incremented in the
following way: 1.401-17.1 -> 1.401-18.1 -> 1.401-19.1. Where can I
find any documentation about this behaviour, and how is the "Release:"
field of the spec file interpreted? Or is it just beeing ignored?

Q1: I can find two directories under repositories/home:/, one named
"fietze" and one named "fietze:". The one with the colon just contains
an incomplete trial using a branched and never finished KDE backports
repository. The other one my dcraw-omp. Where can I find any
documentation about the naming scheme of repository directory names?

Q2: Where is defined when or how old revisions/releases are removed
from the repositories?

Thanks a lot.

Roman

--