Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with a rpmlint failure note
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:26:00 +0200

On Saturday 14 June 2008 13:24:06 Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
Hello all,

I'm stuck with an error I get in OBS when building the package libspf2 in
my project home:gbvalor.

It builds OK in all but opensuse-11.0 and opensuse-factory . It also build
the rpms but it seems rpmlint doesn't like a shared lib name :

---
libspf2.x86_64: E: shlib-policy-name-error (Badness: 10000) libspf2-2
Your package contains a single shared library but is not named after its
SONAME.
---

But the strange thing is there no 'libspf2-2' file. Any help?. Is this a
bug in rpmlint?.

No, this is an enforced policy by rpmlint for some base distributions. When
you package a library, you should put it into a package called libspf2-2 (in
your case).

You can read the details here:

http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Shared_Library_Packaging_Policy