Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ppc
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:51:28 +0200

On Friday 13 June 2008 13:56:51 Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,

I got now a bit stronger PPC machine standing next to my desk (
http://en.opensuse.org/MPC8610 ). This brought me the idea, that I
should recompile some buildservice projects for PPC (like:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment/ or
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/
). Before trying it myself I read some of the documentation, but I still
have a couple of questions:

- does the buildservice work at all on PPC?

yes

- if yes, is it a simple recompile of all files at
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/openSUSE_11.
0/src/ on PPC?

they should compile also on ppc. Tell us if not and we try to fix it.

- is it possible to check out a project from BS, like
KDE4:/Unstable:/Desktop and recompile it locally for PPC in one go? I
mean, without needing to compile individual source rpms one by one and
needing to figure out the build order...

You can setup your own build service, create source links to our remote
instance and compile it at your side. You would just need to import a ppc
based distro into some own project first.

bye
adrian