Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.0 Release Candidate available
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:04:40 +0200
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:55:48AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Sorry for the late feedback on this -- it was not clear to me how
exactly this would work before I read the collaboration page :/

But if it became clear to you after you read it? Well, then I'm fine.
That's why 'osc help submitreq' gives the link :-)

I'm confused by something else: it looks to me like "submitreq" is,
well, to submit a request, and it sounds weird to use this to also
list/accept/decline/show requests. I know you've discussed the name of
the command for quite some time and the name was not easy to choose, but
I wonder about the reasons for not choosing something like "request" or
"collab".

Vincent

Feedback is always welcome, also late ;-)

You could see it as this:
"submitreq" is a subcommand to handle submit requests.

It means "request a submission", rather than "submit a request".
Maybe the command could be called "submission" instead.

"request" was already taken as subcommand.

There are more request types planned to be implemented in the future (no
concrete plans, but ideas).

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development