Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.0 Release Candidate available
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:04:13 +0200

On Friday 13 June 2008 03:27:12 Michael Wolf wrote:
On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:19 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
We just released the Build Service 1.0 release candidate. The final
release is expected in two weeks.

Most important about this release are the improvements in source
handling. Submissions to foreign projects are possible now. That does
mean that after two years of development, direct work on openSUSE
distribution becomes possible, with bugzilla in between ! You see, we
need sometimes a bit longer, but we keep our promises :)

The Build Service at http://build.opensuse.org is already running it, so
it can be already used for submissions. You just need the current osc
from openSUSE:Tools project.

I notice that you can't do submitreq without branching first. So the
following won't work:

osc submitreq create -m 'This will fail' GNOME:Community banshee \
home:maw

Feature or, uh, missing feature?

banshee does not exist yet in home:maw ?

We have an open bugreport for this situation :/

Also, submitreq is rather poorly named. :( "mergereq" might make more
sense.

Hm, we had this in this proposal, but agreed to switch to submit. IIRC because
also new code submissions should work, which is not a merge technically.

bye
adrian