Re: [opensuse-buildservice] discontinued distributions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:44:11 +0200

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 12:32:46 Danny Kukawka wrote:
On Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Please keep in mind that the quota system will disable your whole project
in case you reach quota setting.

And the quota is?

The quota system is not part of 1.0, but will be there in 1.1 release.

PS: we are again at > 95% disk usage, we will increase the disk space
again, but we should remove all not necessary repositories to keep our
resource for the really often downloaded stuff. Thanks a lot for your
help.

1) Is disk space really such a problem? IMO it shouldn't be such a big deal
to add some Terabyte to buildservice server(s).

Yes it is. But another issue is also that we need to keep up with the build
hosts in addition to that. As long people just rebuild again in the home
project without real need we will keep disk space problems. Also keep not
anymore building packages for old distros does not make really sense.

In addition to that we do need also mirrors and backup for at least some parts
of it.

2) What's 'really often downloaded stuff'? Since statistics are not
working anymore since nearly a year, nobody knows how often a package is
downloaded. Is nobody working on this important feature?

Yes, we are busy with other and more important stuff since a while.

bye
adrian