Re: [opensuse-buildservice] recommended base OS
  • From: "Stephen Shaw" <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:23:37 -0600
On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 07 June 2008 00:41:35 Stephen Shaw wrote:
I've been thinking about setting up my own build service. What is the
recommended base OS. I'd like to do it on opensuse 11 but as its not
released yet, not sure if I should.

We run it here on SLES 10 and openSUSE 11.0. But it should also work on all
other Linux based systems. We have currently packages only for SUSE based
systems, but maybe someone wants to package it also for others ?

bye
adrian

I'm all for putting it on top of sles 10 or opensuse 11 I have equal
access to both

Thanks,
Stephen

So, I have 2 identical machines. I'd like them to both be opensuse
11. One as the main build server and the other as a helper. Is that
possible? Opensuse 11 is near completion, but are there any drawbacks
to 11 right now?

Thanks
Stephen