Re: [opensuse-buildservice] xUbuntu_8.04 dir missing on download.o.o?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:55:29 +0200
On Wednesday 04 June 2008 10:50:37 Thomas Anders wrote:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
the directory is there, isn't it ?

Timestamp 10:18 (almost the same time I've sent my mail), even though
packages have been build before and directories for other new build targets
(e.g. openSUSE_11.0) had already been created. Is there a major delay
before packages are available on d.o.o?

well, the repo generation & pushing out happens sequential. So if the server
pushes a number of larger projects outside, other, even smaller projects needs
to wait for that.

So, yes, there can be some large time gap if the server is busy.

(Running this in parallel would kill our servers atm, because a meta data
generation can easily eat 2 GB of memory. If this happens multiple times in
parallel than ...)

bye
adrian