Re: [opensuse-buildservice] python scientific tools (like scipy) on opensuse 11?
  • From: Dirk Stöcker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:22:13 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 28 May 2008, Werner Hoch wrote:

Thanks for looking into this. I asked the numpy maintainers to build
against the factory, and they could. So now I have ipython and numpy
happily working. I guess we'll have to wait for os11 for scipy.
C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

The scipy package build successfully on Factory.

Some other packages failed. I'll dig into it after openSuSE 11 is
available.

Most of these will be missing include files, as the new gcc reduced include file interdependencies and thus code relying on the indirect includes fails. These errors are easy to fix.

Ciao