Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Missing important debian functionality
  • From: Amilcar do Carmo Lucas <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:56:08 +0200
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 18:22:32 Michael Schroeder wrote:
Why's that? You already have those debian-<flavor>.tar.gz files, can't
you just add another file to them? Or do you want to get rid of them?
I want to avoid code duplication, I do not want to have four .tar.gz files
with 12 common files inside and one file that is different.
It creates a maintenance nightmare, and it's hard for an outsider to
understand what is going on.

Well, you already use "Debtransform-*" in your dsc file. Here are
two ideas:

1) allow multiple tar files in "Debtransform-Files-Tar". You could
use debian.tar.gz for your base files and debian-<flavor>.tar.gz
would just contain some files that need to be different.
This sound really good, thanks for the tip I will try that tomorrow.

2) add some new "Debtransform-Files" tag where you can specify in
some syntax which files to take and where to put them.
This seams too complicated, both for me, and for you guys.

If 1) works I will document it on the wiki, just like I did with all the trick
you guys have told me in the past.

Thanks,
--
Amilcar Lucas