Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Missing important debian functionality
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:47:12 +0200
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 06:52:51PM +0200, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
As such I need to support all xUbuntu flavors.

I got around that by providing one .dsc file per distro.
It works great, I have:
# KDevelop3.dsc for normal cases
# KDevelop3-xUbuntu_6.06.dsc for 6.06
# KDevelop3-xUbuntu_8.04.dsc for 8.04

And it works fine, I would prefer patches, instead of code duplication, but
for now it just works.

But it does not work for debian "control" files :(
I want to have:
# debian.control
# debian.control-xUbuntu_6.06
# debian.control-xUbuntu_8.04

So you want some more functionality for the "debtransform" program.

Currently you could just add your control file to the "debian tar"
file you already have, e.g. debian-xUbuntu_6.06.tar.gz.

If that's not flexible enough, we would need a way to tell debtransform
which files to use and what name the files should get, i.e.

debian-xUbuntu_8.04.control -> debian/control

I don't think it is a good idea to imitate the way the source
server selects the dsc file in debtransform, one such selection
should be enough. So I'd prefer some way of putting this information
in the corresponding dsc file.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Michael.