Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build a whole project with osc
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:34:10 +0200
On 2008-05-21 18:05:18 +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
Note that the build order might change as you build packages and new
dependencies show up. It's probably not too hard but it isn't that easy
either ;-).
Hmm no. My plan was to send _all_ spec files (or just only BuildRequires
and Provides (we also need to associate this information to a particular
package)) to the backend.

What I was trying to say was that you can't statically extract all
dependency information from a specfile. Dependencies are also generated
at build time.

(/usr/bin/c being a part of the C package). Without asking the backend
again, osc is lost, because B suddenly has unresolved dependencies.

Ah now I see your point - thanks for this example.

When building inside the bs, A would be set to "expansion error, nothing
provides /usr/bin/c needed by B" and C would be built instead (actually
C would be built alongside with B). A successful build of C would then
resolve the expansion error in A.

So osc needs to inform the bs about changes after each build.

Hmm yes - this was something I wanted to avoid but now I agree with you
that we have to inform the BS after each build.

Marcus