Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build a whole project with osc
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:23:44 +0200
On 2008-05-09 20:15:25 +0100, Carlos Goncalves wrote:
Hi,

As requested by darix, I'm emailing oS-buildservice to ask for a new osc
feature - capability to build a whole project (eg.
KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop)
with one single command.
Hmm I think we need one additional api call to retrieve the buildorder of a
project.
This new call could look like this:

'POST:/build/$project/$repository/$arch/_buildorder'

Then we could upload all spec files to the backend, the backend parses all
specs and calculates the buildorder. Calculating the buildorder isn't too
hard

Note that the build order might change as you build packages and new
dependencies show up. It's probably not too hard but it isn't that easy
either ;-).
Hmm no. My plan was to send _all_ spec files (or just only BuildRequires
and Provides (we also need to associate this information to a particular
package)) to the backend.

Imagine the following:
- package "foo" requires "bar-devel"
- package "bar" was added locally ("bar" also provides "bar-devel")

Now if we send the spec files for package "foo" and for package "bar" to
the server we can calculate the buildorder without any problem.

We will only encounter a problem when we're trying to retrieve the
buildinfo for package "foo" because we have to tell the backend somehow that
the package "bar-devel" exists only locally.

Basically osc would have to send the specfiles +
provides/requires/failures of already built packages + maybe something
else each time a build finishes.

Marcus