Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build a whole project with osc
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:05:18 +0200
Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2008-05-09 20:15:25 +0100, Carlos Goncalves wrote:
Hi,

As requested by darix, I'm emailing oS-buildservice to ask for a new osc
feature - capability to build a whole project (eg.
KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop)
with one single command.
Hmm I think we need one additional api call to retrieve the buildorder of a
project.
This new call could look like this:

'POST:/build/$project/$repository/$arch/_buildorder'

Then we could upload all spec files to the backend, the backend parses all
specs and calculates the buildorder. Calculating the buildorder isn't too hard

Note that the build order might change as you build packages and new
dependencies show up. It's probably not too hard but it isn't that easy
either ;-). Basically osc would have to send the specfiles +
provides/requires/failures of already built packages + maybe something
else each time a build finishes.