Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: small patch for "osc commit" with big effect
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:24:48 +0200
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:20:00AM -0500, Archie Cobbs wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Later, giving a commit message (-m / -F) will be enforced.

What do people think about this? I think it is good, and I know some
that agree, and I haven't seen anyone disagreeing yet.

Dumb question: why doesn't "osc commit" just fire up a $EDITOR just
like "svn commit" does? Is there some reason not to do the normal
thing here?

That would be the next thing to implement, indeed.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development