[opensuse-buildservice] python scientific tools (like scipy) on opensuse 11?
  • From: "David Strozzi" <david.strozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:45:36 -0700
Hi,

I am beta-testing opensuse 11, most things seem to work. There's some
annoying aspects of the KDE desktop but that's not for here.

I was hoping to test out some scientific tools in python. I've gotten
ipython and numpy, from the build service, for OS11 (ie, for the
factory). It seems scipy hasn't been built yet. scipy's in the
science project on the build service, and it's been built against
various OS10's, but not yet for OS11. Anyone mind giving it a try?

On a related note, I noticed numpy and matplotlib are part of project
devel:languages:python. I am not active on the build service and
don't know how things are organized. Namely, I wonder why scipy is in
science but the others in d:l:p.

Thanks,
Dave