Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:19:46 +0200
Archie Cobbs napsal(a):
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. in your spec:
129 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/openvxi-3.4
130 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/asterisk/sounds/voiceglue

are you sure you can delete those directories in any case?

I'm OK either way. Those files are all generated at runtime and they
consist mainly of cached state, audio files, etc. AFAIK. So this
decision is a trade-off between RPM removal cleanliness vs. throwing
away information that might be useful at a later time if the RPM were
reinstalled.

What is the usual policy in this situation?

I would keep it, an uninstall should be undoable by an install IMO.
Also, checking for $1 = 0 will hit you should you ever rename the
package: rpm will run the %postun of the old package with 0, because
after the installation, there will be zero 'voiceglue' packages and one
voiceglue-ng or whatever.

Michal