Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:13:00 -0500
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-05-10 20:48:15 -0500, Archie Cobbs wrote:
I've created a new RPM for voiceglue (http://www.voiceglue.org/) in my
home project.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=voiceglue&project=home%3Aarchie172

What do I need to do to get this moved to network:telephony?

Also, what is the process for me updating the spec file when new
versions come out? Will I (need to) be a member of the
network:telephony project?

i copied the package over and you should have permissions to edit it
there. but i got a few remarks:

1. in your spec:
129 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/openvxi-3.4
130 rm -rf %{_var}/lib/asterisk/sounds/voiceglue

are you sure you can delete those directories in any case?

I'm OK either way. Those files are all generated at runtime and they
consist mainly of cached state, audio files, etc. AFAIK. So this
decision is a trade-off between RPM removal cleanliness vs. throwing
away information that might be useful at a later time if the RPM were
reinstalled.

What is the usual policy in this situation?

Thanks!
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs