Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 20:21:20 +0200
Archie Cobbs napsal(a):
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My question is: shouldn't package A's build proceed anyway, with the
same version of B that was used in step #2? This is what I would
expect as step #5:

5. Package A is built with the same version of package B used in step #2

Then many hours later after everyone has gone to sleep:

6. Package B's new build finally successfully completes
7. Package A's build is automatically triggered and it is built
again with the version of package B from step #6

This would indeed make the buildservice experience more interactive for
single package builds, BUT at the cost of wasted build power. You can
imagine that people wanting to build _many_ packages (think of a new KDE
release) in _reasonable_ time wouldn't be all that happy about build
hosts occupied by "interactive" rebuilds, which are going to be
obsoleted by a regular rebuild an hour later...

If you want to test your new package, 'osc build' is the preferred
method. It also allows you to debug in the build chroot, which is not
possible in the build service.

Michal