Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:11:23 -0400
Archie Cobbs escribió:

I don't get it. Are you saying that the perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder build
is really taking several hours to build,

No, did I said that somewhere ?

or are you saying the
perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder build is broken and waiting for a human to fix
it?

no, if the package is on state blocked , that means that a dependency of it is rebuilding and may take a long while to complete, dependending on how busy the OBS is, it is handled automatically.

In other words, I think the behavior should be:

* Don't trigger my build until *successful completion* of a new
version of perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder.

Yes, and that is what the OBS does, AFAIK.

* If the current version of perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder is broken, my build
should use the previous (successfully built) version.

Unless there is no previuos perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder in your repo or in the distro in which case an expansion error should thrown..

Does this make sense?

Yes. ;)

--
"Progress is possible only if we train ourselves to think about programs
without thinking of them as pieces of executable code.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development