Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing RPMs during %prep phase of a RPM building
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:16:14 +0200
On 2008-05-08 16:47:59 +0200, G. Massera wrote:
For point 1:
from one of the link reported after a search from rpm.pbone.net

ouch.

For point 2:
GSL is not needed at runtime because it will be linked statically

ouch again. this should be avoided where possible.

For point 3:
Yes, GSL is needed for core features... and because GSL is needed only
during building (because I will use the static version), there is no
need to have such dependencies and then... I don't have to create a new
package for GSL.

ideally you want to link it dynamically so you will end up with only 1
copy.

And finally, I'll want to strees more my requirement... because in my
case I need just One rpm... but suppose that you want to provide a
binary package of some your application Pippo... that depends on 50
others libraries... and all of these 50 other libraries are all
available to an external repository maintained by someone else people
(not you)...
... in this case the only solution for using Build service is to create
50 .spec files for Re-Create the 50 RPM provided by someone else ????
It seems at little silly ?!?! no ?!?!

no. thats what you have to do. as adrian just explained in another
thread. you are not allowed to use binary rpms from 3rd party in the
opensuse buildservice. (you can do that in your own instance though)

to get a clean build where you know all packages fit together and will
work together you will need the properly build rpms in your environment.

You dont have to recreate the spec files on your own. you always can
upload theirs. In case you duplicate someones packages it is always
nice to ask them before if they dont have objections.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you