Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing RPMs during %prep phase of a RPM building
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:24:50 +0200
On 2008-05-08 16:15:50 +0200, G. Massera wrote:
The package that I need is GSL (Gnu Scientific Library).
It is in all standard repository ... except in RHEL and CentOS.
In the repository of RHEL and CentOS there isn't GSL :-( :-(
I don't remember the repository... I search with
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3
However... because GSL is so common... I think that is stupid to make
another .spec for compile the source in my home project.

just a few thoughts.

1. where do you take the GSL package from?

2. the package you use to build against will be needed at runtime. so
you have to provide a GSL package for rhel/centos users, otherwise
they can not install your package.

3. another option would be to disable the parts of your program that
need GSL on rhel/centos and only provide them on the other distros.
if gsl is needed for core features you will have to provide a GSL
package for them or disable the package on the distros.

hope this helps

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux