Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing RPMs during %prep phase of a RPM building
  • From: "G. Massera" <gmassera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 16:15:50 +0200
Marcus Rueckert ha scritto:

On 2008-05-08 14:37:08 +0200, G. Massera wrote:

Hello everybody,
I need to install a RPM while I'm build an RPM ... or in other words, I
want to write into the .spec:

%prec
rpm -Uvh aStrangePackage.rpm

But I'll give an error because I don't have root privilegies and rpm
installation fails.
How can I do that ???

this is expected. we dont allow building as root user.
1. use buildrequires if needed.
2. what project/package is this?

darix

I know how to use BuildRequires... but the problem is that BuildRequires
search on standard repositories for the distribution.
But I need to install an RPM that it is in a third-party repository...
so, I have only to solution:
1- adding this external repository (but I supposed that virtual machine
where build is done has not access to internet)
2- adding the RPM to source files and installing it in the %prec phase

I don't want download the source package and add another .spec for build
the application into my home project and then use BuildRequires...
because I need this RPM only for one for the distribution that I support.

what third party repository?
what package from it?

darix

The package that I need is GSL (Gnu Scientific Library).
It is in all standard repository ... except in RHEL and CentOS.
In the repository of RHEL and CentOS there isn't GSL :-( :-(
I don't remember the repository... I search with
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3
However... because GSL is so common... I think that is stupid to make
another .spec for compile the source in my home project.

Hello,
Gianluca