Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing RPMs during %prep phase of a RPM building
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:18:06 +0200
On 2008-05-08 14:37:08 +0200, G. Massera wrote:

Hello everybody,
I need to install a RPM while I'm build an RPM ... or in other words, I
want to write into the .spec:

%prec
rpm -Uvh aStrangePackage.rpm

But I'll give an error because I don't have root privilegies and rpm
installation fails.
How can I do that ???

this is expected. we dont allow building as root user.
1. use buildrequires if needed.
2. what project/package is this?

darix

I know how to use BuildRequires... but the problem is that BuildRequires
search on standard repositories for the distribution.
But I need to install an RPM that it is in a third-party repository...
so, I have only to solution:
1- adding this external repository (but I supposed that virtual machine
where build is done has not access to internet)
2- adding the RPM to source files and installing it in the %prec phase

I don't want download the source package and add another .spec for build
the application into my home project and then use BuildRequires...
because I need this RPM only for one for the distribution that I support.

what third party repository?
what package from it?

darix

--