Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error, which I can'texplain.:-(
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:21:00 +0200
a) you patch the original spec file comming using the link (tends to
break on whatever update might be put in Factory... I normally try
to avoid them). The patch can have multiple ways to be achieved; you
either change the name tag back to the old one

I already began to work on this one.

This one didn't work very well. :-(

or you add a Provides: cross-avr-gcc

b) you change your spec files to no longer BuildRequires:
cross-avr-gcc, but change them to BuildRequires: cross-avr-gcc43
(depending on how many specs, might be the cleanest solution)

There I need to patch more packages than in a).

c) you change your project config (osc meta -e prjconf
CrossToochain:avr) and you add a Substitute: cross-avr-gcc
cross-avr-gcc43. This substitute is immediate valid for all projects
based on top of yours (inherited).

This sounds cool, but I'll try a) first.

Works, but now avr-libc/avr-gdb cannot decide any longer to chose
between libmpfr1 and mpfr (cross-avr-gcc requires libmpfr.so.1). I
added a seconde Substitute line

Substitute: mpfr libmpfr1

to the project, but this didn't help. How can I force avr-libc/avr-gdb
to use libmpfr1? Do I need to patch avr-libc/avr-gdb specfile and add
a 'Requires: libmpfr1'? Seems so. :-(

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany