Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error, which I can'texplain.:-(
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 18:30:39 +0200
Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> 05/06/08 6:21 PM >>>
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 05:04:31PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 06.05.2008 at 18:03, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:47:14PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 06.05.2008 at 17:47, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I'm getting expansion errors, I cannot explain. Once I understand them
I would like to fix the issue.

Project: CrossToochain:avr
Package: avr-libc/avr-gdb
Repository: openSUSE_Factory/i586

"Nothing provides cross-avr-gcc"

But you can see that cross-avr-gcc has been built successfully in the
same project!?! See also

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=CrossToolchain%3Aavr

Actually, the package that was built is called cross-avr-gcc43.

Indeed. But why? The resulted package should be called cross-avr-gcc.

Actually from the spec file inside openSUSE:Factory (cross-avr-gcc43.spec):
Name: cross-avr-gcc43

in openSUSE:Factory, this makes part of the package gcc43

So how can I force the package to be named cross-avr-gcc instead of
cross-avr-gcc43? I think this would fix the issue finally.

Stefan,

I see several solutions that would work, you might want to pick the one that
fits most for you:

a) you patch the original spec file comming using the link (tends to break on
whatever update might be put in Factory... I normally try to avoid them). The
patch can have multiple ways to be achieved; you either change the name tag
back to the old one or you add a Provides: cross-avr-gcc
b) you change your spec files to no longer BuildRequires: cross-avr-gcc, but
change them to BuildRequires: cross-avr-gcc43 (depending on how many specs,
might be the cleanest solution)
c) you change your project config (osc meta -e prjconf CrossToochain:avr) and
you add a Substitute: cross-avr-gcc cross-avr-gcc43. This substitute is
immediate valid for all projects based on top of yours (inherited).

There might be other solutions as well, but that's the ones coming on my mind
at this moment.

Dominique