Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error, which I can'texplain. :-(
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 17:07:50 +0200
On 06.05.2008 at 18:07, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:49:16PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 06.05.2008 at 17:47, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I'm getting expansion errors, I cannot explain. Once I understand them
I would like to fix the issue.

Project: CrossToochain:avr
Package: avr-libc/avr-gdb
Repository: openSUSE_Factory/i586

"Nothing provides cross-avr-gcc"

But you can see that cross-avr-gcc has been built successfully in the
same project!?! See also

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=CrossToolchain%3Aavr

Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan,

i just verified another of your builds: they actually do not use the
cross-avr-gcc from your project.
You are building package cross-avr-gcc43, the others install cross-avr-gcc
in
version 4.1.

But where does this cross-avr-gcc (4.1) come from?

I think openSUSE 10.3 (for example) hat a packaged called cross-avr-gcc in it's
stock and it was version 4.1.3 then. As you buildRequire cross-avr-gcc, this is
the only package that fits.

The one which is in your own project does NOT build cross-avr-gcc, but
cross-avr-gcc43, which is another name. The package name inside obs is not used
in any case,.

So older distros simply provided cross-avr-gcc, while factory provides
cross-avr-gcc43 now.

Not sure if I understand this correctly. Other distris like 10.2 also
build cross-avr-gcc43.

They build cross-avr-gcc43, but as they already provided on their own a
cross-avr-gcc (older versions) your spec file picks those up.

Dominique