Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error, which I can'texplain. :-(
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 17:03:36 +0200
On 06.05.2008 at 18:03, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:47:14PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 06.05.2008 at 17:47, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I'm getting expansion errors, I cannot explain. Once I understand them
I would like to fix the issue.

Project: CrossToochain:avr
Package: avr-libc/avr-gdb
Repository: openSUSE_Factory/i586

"Nothing provides cross-avr-gcc"

But you can see that cross-avr-gcc has been built successfully in the
same project!?! See also

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=CrossToolchain%3Aavr

Actually, the package that was built is called cross-avr-gcc43.

Indeed. But why? The resulted package should be called cross-avr-gcc.

I would guess that's the Name: tag in the spec file.
In OBS, the package does not have to be called the same as what you put inside.

If it should be different, the Factory maintainer of the package might be the
one to poke, but I assume it's prepared for parallel installation of several
versions now.

Dominique