Re: [opensuse-buildservice] aggregate issue
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 17:52:22 +0200
On Monday 05 May 2008 16:20:47 wrote Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On the other hand, using aggregates is usually evil (just brings
incompatibilities and increases server space without need). You may
want to consider to build directly against the other project/repo. This
would solve also the long waiting time.

In that case I'm pretty sure it doesn't bring incompatibilities but the
project is actually built against the other repo so in theory everything
should just work if I'd remove the package.
But I have a strong belief that zypper would break that way on some
systems :-(
If people are using the repo and didn't install with a YMP they usually
don't know about the dependency and zypper doesn't help the user to find
the correct dependent repo, does it?

yes, that is true for now. But you can enforce this by defining requires
in your package, really requiring the new version from the other project.

That is done anyway but doesn't help zypper to find it if the repo is
not added in the first place.

Anyway I decided to go for it (and probably break some setups which were
broken before by not having the top level project as well).
And what I found is that I have the very same issue as with aggregation :-(
The depedent packages are still blocked while the packages are built
already.
Is it the same issue that it waits for the whole project to finish
before blocked items in other projects are scheduled?

hm, no. I suspect it is caused, because the scheduler has too many events atm.
There are currently 28100 low priority events, one of the them is your
project/repo . It may take a while until it reach it. (a source change would
change the state immediatly).

Michael knows this and thinks about a solution for that.

bye
adrian