Re: [opensuse-buildservice] howto add further workers - solved -
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:15:19 +0200
On Monday 05 May 2008 09:04:54 wrote Martin Mohring:
Hi,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 05 May 2008 02:07:24 wrote Christian:
Hi,

he who is able to read, will have an advantage, unfortunatley ;)

Thanks a lot for the documentation, but I hope this will not be needed
anymore with trunk version ;)

The trunk version uses localhost real name and you can configure the
remote server in /etc/sysconfig . This should make this a lot easier.

However, this is only test on my two workstations so far ...

In theory. Looks like with the change in "buildservice/dist/obsworker",
the workers do not get registered anymore, if the workers are not on the
local machine. The last version this worked was -r3741. I fixed this by
readding the old commandline inside "obsworker" script:

echo "screen -t $title ./bs_worker $obsopt $port
--root $ROOT/root_$I" \
--statedir $workerdir/$I --id "$HOSTNAME/$I"
--reposerver "http://$OBS_REPO_SERVER"; \
--srcserver "http://$OBS_SRC_SERVER"; \

>> $screenrc

to obsworker, and by readding the old env vars to "sysconfig.obs-worker":

OBS_SRC_SERVER="your.remotemachine:6362"
OBS_REPO_SERVER="your.remotemachine:6262"

erm, these are the new variables, they did not exist before.

the distributed support was partly reverted by accident, this is fixed in
trunk/ again.

bye
adrian

bye